American Association for Cancer Research Hosts 2012 Annual Meeting
FOREMOST INTERNATIONAL MEETING HIGHLIGHTS BREAKTHROUGHS IN CANCER RESEARCH
CHICAGO, ILL., MARCH 31 – APRIL 4, 2012
The AACR Annual Meeting 2012 will bring more than 18,000 scientists, advocates, industry leaders and other professionals to Chicago, Ill., for the latest in breakthrough cancer science.
To help plan coverage of the meeting, the online program can be found here: http://www.aacr.org/page28675.aspx. A press kit containing press releases and highlighted abstracts will be available via Newswise, EurekAlert and to subscribing reporters on March 27.
The official press conferences will begin on Saturday, March 31, and the meeting will continue through the week. New cancer research highlighted in the AACR press program includes:
- non-invasive diagnosis of colon cancer;
- emerging treatments for lung cancer;
- updates from the Women’s Health Initiative and the Nurse’s Health Study;
- why HPV may be more severe in African-Americans;
- new immunotherapy strategies; and
- how sleep deprivation may increase your risk of cancer.
March 31 – April 4, 2012