AACR Hosts Cancer Disparities Conference in Miami, Fla.
MIAMI, FLA. — SEPT. 30-OCT. 3, 2010
Advances in cancer treatment and management have not affected all socioeconomic groups equally, as data shows minority patients tend to lag behind in both awareness and outcomes.
This year, the American Association for Cancer Research will host its third conference on the Science of Cancer Health Disparities in Racial/Ethnic Minorities and the Medically Underserved at the Loews Miami Beach Hotel in Miami, Fla.
Findings presented at this year’s meeting will include:
• proven communication methods for reaching minority populations;
• strategies to increase enrollment in clinical trials;
• prognosis in lung cancer affected by race;
• breast cancer trends in Arab and Israeli Jewish women;
• the importance of social support and physical activity in survivors; and,
• socioeconomics and access to health care.
To help you plan your coverage of the conference, the program schedule is available online at www.aacr.org/disparities2010, and an electronic press kit containing the press releases and selected highlighted abstracts will be available on Sept. 22, 2010, via EurekAlert, Newswise and to members of the media registered through the AACR Communications Department.
Sept. 30-Oct. 3, 2010
Loews Miami Beach Hotel; Miami, Fla.
X X X